Today's announcement has been one I've been so anxious to share for so long, AND HERE WE GOOOOOO!!!!
Ever since the first day this blog has been online (February 14, 2018), it has always been a goal of mine to lift up makers from all around the world. When we are able to share our come together and share our stories, or creativity, or wisdoms with one other, we are able to further expand the perspective to each person who interacts with our website. We are all capable of accomplishing incredible things on our own, but the kind of life and generational impact we can make together is incomparable. For the past several years I have had the incredible opportunity to travel around the United States to attend different events, meetings, and more and have been able to meet other makers spanning the globe. From Mexico and Canada, to Spain and the United Kingdom and Russia, and so many more.
Growing up in a little town in Oregon after moving several times around Washington and Oregon, I never found a place to "belong". Sure, we can discuss the psychological reasons for that, but when it comes down to it, I never felt as HOME and with "my people", as I have since connecting with other creatives, locally and beyond. The kind of comfort and security I feel when talking about my passions and ideas with other makers is something I can't really describe. In those moments, I feel "seen". Because of this, I have always wanted to create a space for everyone to feel welcome and part of this community. Love, support and friendship is our goal over here while using our talents, skills and wisdoms to help one another heal and grow and succeed. Let's raise the tide together, shall we?
I'm so excited to announce that we are now officially accepting applications to schedule Maker features for this upcoming Fall & Winter and I would LOVE to have you apply! Whether you're a returning contributor, or new to the blog, I would be so honored to collaborate with you! It has always been my goal to encourage others and to allow them to be seen and to showcase to the world just how talented our community is - no matter how many followers someone has! Whether you have 5 or 500K, that number is not a reflection what beauty you can create with your hands. The Makers on our blog have proven that time and time again.
But hurry!! This Maker Call will be our last until 2021 and the deadline for applications is September 19th, 2020 at 11:59pm. Scroll down to see how to apply!
As we enter into cooler months, we are looking for fall and winter projects such as:
- Projects Made with THN Products
- Scarves / Infinity Scarves
- Blankets / Throws
- Chunky Fibers
- Arm Crochet / Arm Knitting
- Finger Knitting
- Loom Knitting
- Gift Ideas
- Holiday Ideas
- Beanies / Toques
- Mittens/Gloves / Fingerless Gloves
- Amigurumi / Toys
- Home Decor
- Beginner-Friendly Projects
In addition to fiber-based posts, we are also looking for:
- Inspirational Posts
- Business Tips (especially for those that have craft fairs closed this year)
- Words of Wisdom / Encouragement
- "How-to" / Instructional
- Small Biz Tips
- Social Media / Marketing Tips
- Additional Craft Projects (does not need to be fiber-related)
- Coloring Pages
- Jewelry Making
- Sewing/Fabric Crafts
- Paper Crafting
I have been astounded by each and every Maker we have been able to feature on the blog so far! We are looking for positive Makers who believe in sharing the creative community worldwide and inspiring others that they, too, can understand WHY we are all so passionate about what we do and potentially encourage them to incorporate creative endeavors within their own lives as well. We are team “Community Over Competition” - forever and ever.
A FEW MORE DETAILS
1. Personal style: Able to create original one-of-a-kind projects while also able to explain the creative process to others. Makers may also contribute anything the Maker finds inspirational and is relative to our handmade community.
2. Tech-savvy: Has a personal or business account on Facebook and/or public Instagram account. Can write a detailed blog post sharing their work in a way that inspires others. Able to photograph their projects clearly and beautifully, in hi-res format.
3. Responsible: Can write a blog post within a deadline and can communicate through email in a timely manner.
Featured Makers will:
1. Have projects featured on The Hook Nook Life blog and shared through our social channels in 2019-2020. All Featured Maker's work will still be under full copyright of the Maker. You can still do as you please with the content! Sell it and share it! We just want to share about YOU!
2. More opportunities to apply throughout the year in terms of additional content to the blog or other special projects The Hook Nook will be hosting.
HOW TO APPLY:
Email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line as follows: THN 2019-2020 Fall and Winter Maker Call_FirstName_LastName (example: THN 2019-2020 Fall and Winter Maker Call - Jessica Carey)
1. List your name, email, state/country, and blog address (if you have one).
2. Send a brief bio of yourself and how our community inspires you. Maybe even a little silly tidbit about yourself!
3. List the links of your active public Facebook and Instagram profiles. (example: https://www.instagram.com/the.hook.nook/)
4. Send 3 high res photos of projects that best represent your style. We want to see what you bring to this community! *Only hi-res and clearly photographed projects will be considered* - we want our audience and community to find beauty in what you’re doing! You find such pride in your work, find the same pride in how you showcase that hard work! We want to be able to share the best projects with our creative and supportive community, and photography is a key component in successful projects! (Note: If you are unsure if you are taking hi-res images or want more information on why this requirement is necessary, please check out this blog post I shared recently explaining it in much more detail!)
5. Feel free to send in new content with each new Maker call and please do not be discouraged if your work is not chosen for any specific call. If your application includes content that can be “cleaned up”, we will be sure to help advise you on suggestions. Be sure to apply again in the next Maker Call!
*Please note, due to the amount of applicants for this call, only those that follow the directions of the application will be considered. It's gonna take us awhile to work through everyone, so following each step helps us have everything in one spot to cut down on excess time! Thank you for understanding!
We hope you join us in showcasing just how incredible the Maker community is - no matter what genre you fall into. <3
I do hope you join us here on the blog and further share the wonderful joys it is to be creative!
Have friends or family members who may be interested in applying? Be sure to share this Maker Call with them! Just copy and paste the link to this page, or use the "Share" button for more options, to instantly share and help spread the word about the BIGGEST Maker Call for THNLife Blog we've had so far!!
Thank you, again, to each and every person that has contributed, visited, supported, sponsored, and just plain enjoyed the blog so far. We couldn't have done any of this without you all!! I cannot wait to see how our community continues to grow and expand and support one another. Will you join us?