Can you believe we have officially surpassed our one-year anniversary of our new THN Life blog featuring so many incredible Makers from within our community! I want to say a HUGE thank you to EVERYONE who has contributed, shared, supported or visited our blog because, without all of you, we wouldn’t be able to do this! THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART!!! <3
I’m so so excited to announce the launch of our newest Maker Call!! For those that are new around here, we host quarterly Maker Calls seeking talented and passionate Makers who would like to showcase their skills and projects with the world! This will be our fifth Maker Call and we need YOU!
No matter your social following, we want to feature Makers who love what they do, are inspired to share with others and wants to be part of our close-knit community of Makers!
Will you join us?!
We are looking for spring and summer projects like:
- Light weight garments
- Earth friendly reusable bags
- Picnic blankets
- Beginner-friendly projects
- Children’s Toys
- Children’s Garments
- Baby Shower Ideas
- Wedding Ideas
- Holiday-inspired projects
In addition to fiber-based posts, we are also looking for including all kinds of Makers and their talents and skills. In doing so, we are also looking for Creatives and Makers who are wanting to share content such as:
- Inspirational Posts
- Words of Wisdom/Encouragement
- "How-to" / Instructional
- Small Biz Tips
- Social Media/Marketing Tips
- Additional Craft Projects (does not need to be fiber-related)
- Coloring Pages
- Jewelry Making
- Sewing/Fabric Crafts
- Paper Crafting
Deadline for Featured Maker Call is April 15th, 2019 at 11:59pm PT
Who we are looking for: Positive Makers and artists who believe in sharing the handmade community worldwide and inspiring others that they, too, can join our community. We are team “Community Over Competition” - forever and ever.
1. Personal style: Able to create original one-of-a-kind projects while also able to explain the creative process to others. Makers may also contribute original DIY projects, patterns, inspirational shares, or anything else the Maker finds inspiration for that is relative to our handmade community.
2. Tech-savvy: Has a personal or business account on Facebook and or public Instagram account. Can write a detailed blog post sharing their work in a way that inspires others. Able to photograph their projects clearly and beautifully, in hi-res format. Can communicate through email in a timely manner.
3. Responsible: Can write a blog post within a deadline.
Featured Makers will:
1. Have projects featured on The Hook Nook Life blog/website in 2019. All Featured Maker's work will still be under full copyright of Maker (you can still do as you please with the content! Sell it, share it, burn it.. I mean, I’m not here to tell you what to do with it.. ;) )
2. Have their name and work promoted on our website, blog, and other social media platforms.
3. More opportunities to apply throughout the year in terms of additional content to the blog or other special projects The Hook Nook will be hosting.
To apply: Email the following to email@example.com with the subject line as follows: THN 2019 Spring/Summer Maker Call_FirstName_LastName (example: THN 2019 Spring/Summer Maker Call - Jessica Carey)
1. List your name, email, state/country, and blog address (if you have one).
2. Send a brief bio of yourself and how our community inspires you. Maybe even a little silly tidbit about yourself!
3. List the links of your active public Facebook and Instagram profiles. (example: https://www.instagram.com/the.hook.nook/)
4. Send 3 high res photos of projects that best represent your style. We want to see what you bring to this community! Only hi-res and clearly photographed projects will be considered - we want our audience and community to find beauty in what you’re doing! You find such pride in your work, find the same pride in how you showcase that hard work! We want to be able to share the best projects with our creative and supportive community, and photography is a key component in successful projects! (Note: If you are unsure if you are taking hi-res images or want more information on why this requirement is necessary, please check out this blog post I shared recently explaining it in much more detail!)
5. Feel free to send in new content with each new Maker call and please do not be discouraged if your work is not chosen for any specific call. If your application includes content that can be “cleaned up”, we will be sure to help advise you on suggestions. However, please do respect the amount of time our team requires to do everything we are doing and we are unable to walk you through how to do each step after we’ve given suggestions. Find pride in yourself and your ability to learn new things! Be sure to apply again in the next Maker Call!
We hope you join us in showcasing just how incredible the Maker community is - no matter what genre you fall into. <3
I do hope you join us here on the blog and further share the wonderful joys it is to be creative! Don’t forget, sign ups end on April 15th!!
Have friends who may be interested in applying? Be sure to share this page with them! Just copy and paste this link to instantly share with your friends: