Alright, guys. So, we've been keeping a secret for awhile now, but unintentionally. Did you know we have a pretty rad community over on Facebook? Our main page, The Hook Nook, is where we share about what's going on with THN, new announcements, fun engaging posts where we ask all kinds of fun questions, and more! But we also have quite an incredible group - The Hook Nook Crochet Group - of well over TEN THOUSAND Makers where everyone is able to share, comment, connect and seek help with all things crochet/knit.
Within this group of crafty friends, we have been running gift exchanges for quite awhile now and we want to share with everyone who ISN'T in our Facebook group so you had the opportunity to join us for our next one - the New Year Gift Exchange!
If you want to join us in this gift exchange, please head to the THNLife Shop to purchase your participation fee (this helps us run things on the back end!), fill out the basic information and wait for all of the fun!
It’s always so much fun to send AND receive goodies in the mail plus being able to connect with fellow Makers within our community just makes it extra special. To keep the fun flowing with our exchanges, we have a few rules so take a peek below!
- Each participate will be charged a non-refundable $5 participation fee
- Exchange is open to all Makers worldwide as long as 2+ people from a specific region participates. If you’d like an international recipient, please let your admin know.
- All skill levels are welcome to participate!
- This is a gift exchange and who doesn’t love opening a box full of pretty rad goodies. Please be willing to send gifts that can be fully appreciated! No one wants to receive a single dish rag…
- Please be willing to send at least one handmade item/gift to your recipient, but feel free to include yarn skeins, candies, crochet hooks, knitting needles, cozy socks, etc.
- Shipping deadline is January 15, 2019.
Click here to purchase your THN Official New Year Gift Exchange Participation!
AFTER YOU HEAR FROM YOUR ADMIN - WHAT TO EXPECT :
Once you receive your email from your admin, you can expect the email to include:
- Recipient/Partner name, address & some basic information
- Copy of the questionnaire, if you haven’t filled it out already. If you would like to answer the questions in a Word doc now so you can immediately send it to your admin once you hear from them, please scroll to the bottom of this doc to find a copy.
- Once your receive a copy of your recipient’s questionnaire, you may begin all of the fun stuff! Use yarn in their favorite color to create something special, add in their favorite treats or tea, maybe something that is YOUR favorite that you think they will enjoy. It’s so much fun putting together a box of goodies for someone else - be sure to reference the questionnaire to REALLY make it special.
- After you’ve collected your goodies, please snap a pic of the contents and submit/send to your designated admin. I’m 99.9% sure you’ll be good to go, but we’ve had participants send extremely minimal gifts in the past and no one likes opening up a single bar of soap. This just helps us make sure that all participants will receive something worth participating for! Your gift must be approved by your admin. Do not ship until you receive confirmation.
- Once you’ve received the go-ahead, you can send the package to your recipient and don’t forget to keep the tracking information! You will be required to submit proof of shipping by supplying your admin with the tracking info and postal carrier for your package. This way they can communicate with your recipient if there is any shipping issue and there is proof of it.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION!
If you have an active personal Facebook page, we would love to have you join us over there! You can join our big group, The Hook Nook Crochet Group, to connect with Makers from all over the world, ask questions, seek help and share inspiration. With self-promotion prohibited, it’s truly a safe space to just be a Maker and connect on that personal level!
Join us here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/346446372375225/
Also, since you are participating in our gift exchange, you can also join our THN Official Gift Exchange Facebook group where you can connect with other participants - maybe even your partner! You can ask questions about what everyone likes, seek gift idea advice and maybe even brush shoulders with the Makers who will be sending to you, and you will be sending to. It’s always so much fun!!
Join us here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1263283847151032/
STAY SOCIAL :
Sharing your participation, sneak peeks, and what you received from your partner is always SO much fun! Always feel free to share images/posts in our Facebook groups. If you’d like to share with others about this fun exchange, feel free to share images on your Instagram or other social platforms! You can even convince your friends to join and make it one big party! Don’t forget to use these hashtags so we can all check out your posts:
Click here to purchase your THN Officialy New Year Gift Exchange Participation!
I sure hope you all join us in this fun gift exchange! Be sure to head over to the shop to snag your spot! At checkout, you will be able to download the Guidelines doc which will include all kinds of info like rules, expectations, contact information, questionnaire, and more!
Hurry and join the party! Sign ups end Sunday, December 16 and you don't want to feel all the FOMO when people start sharing photos! <3