It is officially here!! IT'S FINALLY HERE!! Our biggest Maker Call of the year starts TODAY and I couldn't be more excited! In the last year and a half we have had the opportunity to collaborate with over 100 makers featured on this blog! From Makers who have shared their heartfelt stories of triumph, to inspiring patterns that have blown my mind, and even the perfect beginner-friendly projects that EVERYONE can make! It has been such a treasure to be able to connect with so many incredible Makers from all over the world and to have their gorgeous work reach even more people!
Did you know? We have even had several of our contributing Makers receive opportunities with other brands and companies through exposure on THNLife Blog!! How AMAZING is that?!?!
We are now scheduling our Maker features for this upcoming Fall & Winter and I would LOVE to have you apply! Whether you're a returning contributor, or new to the blog, I would be so honored to collaborate with you! It has always been my goal to encourage others and to allow them to be seen and to showcase to the world just how talented our community is - no matter how many followers someone has! Whether you have 500K or 5, that number is not a reflection what beauty you can create with your hands. The Makers on our blog have proven that time and time again. <3
But hurry!! This Maker Call will be our last until 2020 and the deadline for applications is August 24, 2019. Scroll down to see how to apply!
As we enter into cooler months, we are looking for fall and winter projects such as:
- Scarves / Infinity Scarves
- Blankets / Throws
- Chunky Fibers
- Arm Crochet / Arm Knitting
- Finger Knitting
- Loom Knitting
- Gift Ideas
- Holiday Ideas
- Beanies / Toques
- Mittens/Gloves / Fingerless Gloves
- Amigurumi / Toys
- Home Decor
- Beginner-Friendly Projects
In addition to fiber-based posts, we are also looking for:
- Inspirational Posts
- Words of Wisdom / Encouragement
- "How-to" / Instructional
- Small Biz Tips
- Social Media / Marketing Tips
- Additional Craft Projects (does not need to be fiber-related)
- Coloring Pages
- Jewelry Making
- Sewing/Fabric Crafts
- Paper Crafting
I have been astounded by each and every Maker we have been able to feature on the blog so far! We are looking for positive Makers who believe in sharing the creative community worldwide and inspiring others that they, too, can understand WHY we are all so passionate about what we do and potentially encourage them to incorporate creative endeavors within their own lives as well. We are team “Community Over Competition” - forever and ever.
A FEW MORE DETAILS
1. Personal style: Able to create original one-of-a-kind projects while also able to explain the creative process to others. Makers may also contribute anything the Maker finds inspirational and is relative to our handmade community.
2. Tech-savvy: Has a personal or business account on Facebook and/or public Instagram account. Can write a detailed blog post sharing their work in a way that inspires others. Able to photograph their projects clearly and beautifully, in hi-res format.
3. Responsible: Can write a blog post within a deadline and can communicate through email in a timely manner.
Featured Makers will:
1. Have projects featured on The Hook Nook Life blog and shared through our social channels in 2019-2020. All Featured Maker's work will still be under full copyright of the Maker. You can still do as you please with the content! Sell it and share it! We just want to share about YOU!
2. More opportunities to apply throughout the year in terms of additional content to the blog or other special projects The Hook Nook will be hosting.
HOW TO APPLY:
Email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line as follows: THN 2019-2020 Fall and Winter Maker Call_FirstName_LastName (example: THN 2019-2020 Fall and Winter Maker Call - Jessica Carey)
1. List your name, email, state/country, and blog address (if you have one).
2. Send a brief bio of yourself and how our community inspires you. Maybe even a little silly tidbit about yourself!
3. List the links of your active public Facebook and Instagram profiles. (example: https://www.instagram.com/the.hook.nook/)
4. Send 3 high res photos of projects that best represent your style. We want to see what you bring to this community! *Only hi-res and clearly photographed projects will be considered* - we want our audience and community to find beauty in what you’re doing! You find such pride in your work, find the same pride in how you showcase that hard work! We want to be able to share the best projects with our creative and supportive community, and photography is a key component in successful projects! (Note: If you are unsure if you are taking hi-res images or want more information on why this requirement is necessary, please check out this blog post I shared recently explaining it in much more detail!)
5. Feel free to send in new content with each new Maker call and please do not be discouraged if your work is not chosen for any specific call. If your application includes content that can be “cleaned up”, we will be sure to help advise you on suggestions. Be sure to apply again in the next Maker Call!
*Please note, due to the amount of applicants for this call, only those that follow the directions of the application will be considered. It's gonna take us awhile to work through everyone, so following each step helps us have everything in one spot to cut down on excess time! Thank you for understanding!
We hope you join us in showcasing just how incredible the Maker community is - no matter what genre you fall into. <3
I do hope you join us here on the blog and further share the wonderful joys it is to be creative! Don’t forget, sign ups end on August 24!!
Have friends or family members who may be interested in applying? Be sure to share this Maker Call with them! Just copy and paste this link to instantly share and help spread the word about the BIGGEST Maker Call for THNLife Blog we've had so far!!
Thank you, again, to each and every person that has contributed, visited, supported, sponsored, and just plain enjoyed the blog so far. We couldn't have done any of this without you all!!