The Hook Nook is having a Featured Maker Call!
Hey guys!! Jessica here! I am so SO excited about this new movement we are wanting to create. Our community is filled with talent and due to the lame social media game, many of these talents are left unseen. I’ve acquired this new need to make our community just that, a community. A place where makers can come and share their amazing projects/words/etc with everyone and encourage everyone involved at the same time. We want to create an uplifting and supportive area on the internet that is solely meant to inspire and that inspiration should come from EVERYONE, no matter their social media following. A quality post is a quality post, yeah?! I sure think so!
Additionally, we will be contributing a portion of the proceeds from this community to local charities in my area benefiting neglected and abused children. I chose to donate to my local community as at one point in my adolescent years, I visited these places. To be able to give back to these places that helped me so tremendously and to be able to possibly walk around town and bump shoulders with families that I can possibly be benefiting makes it so much more meaningful and real to me. With your help, we can do big, BIG things for not only our maker community, but for families and children who deserve to know how much they are loved and to hopefully encourage them that their story does not define them. Mine sure doesn’t define me.
Thank you in advance for your partnership and interest in helping me do big tings for our world. Let’s bring some light into this darkness!
Deadline for Featured Maker Call is December 15th, 2017 11:59pm PT
Who we are looking for: Positive artists who believe in sharing the handmade community worldwide and inspiring others that they, too, can join our community.
1. Personal style. Able to create original one-of-a-kind projects while also able to explain the creative process to others. Makers may also contribute original DIY projects, patterns, inspirational shares, or anything else the Maker finds inspiration for that is relative to our handmade community.
2. Tech-savvy. Has a personal or business account on Facebook and or public Instagram account. Can write a detailed blog post sharing their work in a way that inspires others. Able to photograph their projects clearly and beautifully. Can communicate through email in a timely manner.
3. Responsible. Can write a blog post within a deadline.
Featured Makers will:
1. Have projects featured on The Hook Nook blog/website in 2018. All Featured Maker's work will still be under full copyright of Maker (you can still do as you please with the content! Sell it, share it, burn it.. I mean, I’m not here to tell you what to do with it.. ;) )
2. Have their name and work promoted on our website, blog, and other social media platforms.
3. More opportunities to apply throughout the year in terms of additional content to the blog or other special projects The Hook Nook will be hosting.
4. Once featured, you will be added to our VIP Maker newsletter with even more opportunities to work with The Hook Nook.
To apply: Email the following to email@example.com
1. List your name, email, city/country, and blog address (if you have one).
2. Send a brief bio of yourself and how our community inspires you. Maybe even a little silly tidbit about yourself!
3. List the links of your active public Facebook and Instagram profiles.
4. Send photos of 2 original projects that best represent your style. We want to see what you bring to this community! Only well photographed projects will be considered - we want our audience and community to find beauty in what you’re doing! You find such pride in your work, find the same pride in how you showcase your hard work!
5. Feel free to send in new content with each new Maker call and please do not be discouraged if your work is not chosen for any specific call. If your application includes content that can be “cleaned up”, we will be sure to help advise you on suggestions. However, please do respect the amount of time our team requires to do everything we are doing and we are unable to walk you through how to do each step after we’ve given suggestions. Find pride in yourself and your ability to learn new things!
I am so excited to work with you guys on such an amazing project. I do hope you guys find as much inspiration and support as I do from our community and I can’t wait to broaden and expand how each of us Makers contribute to the world around us. You guys are incredible!!
Jessica, Jen, Megan and the rest of our team!