We have been having so much fun hosting gift exchanges within a sub-group of our main Facebook Group and are very excited to keep the tradition going with this year's Holiday Gift Exchange! It’s always so much fun to send AND receive goodies in the mail plus being able to connect with fellow Makers within our community just makes it extra special. To keep the fun flowing with our exchanges, we have a few rules so take a peek below!
Also, don't forget to come back tomorrow to the blog to celebrate my birthday! I have been keeping a HUGE secret and I get to share it (and cake) with you then!!! IT'S GOING TO BE EPIC!!!
Want to skip straight to the good stuff? Click here to be directed to the participation page!
• Each participant will be charged a non-refundable $7 participation fee
• Exchange is open to all Makers worldwide as long as 2+ people from a specific region participates. If you’d like an international recipient, please let your admin know.
• All skill levels are welcome to participate!
• This is a gift exchange and who doesn’t love opening a box full of pretty rad goodies. Please be willing to send gifts that can be fully appreciated! No one wants to receive a single dish rag..
• Please be willing to send at least one handmade item/gift to your recipient, but feel free to include yarn skeins, candies, crochet hooks, knitting needles, cozy socks, etc. Need ideas? Join the special Facebook group to secretly find out what your partner would be interested in! (Link to Facebook group in PDF after purchase)
• Shipping deadline is December 21st, 2019.
HOW TO COMMUNICATE WITH ADMIN TEAM: After you have purchased your participation fee, please download the PDF attachment available. This document will include the details of the exchange as well as the questionnaire so your partner can know more about you! The document also includes how the admin organization works and you will be able to discover who your intended admin will be for this exchange. Your designated admin will be there for you to exchange information, answer questions and any concerns that may arise. Please do not forget to fill out the questionnaire and contact your admin as soon as possible with a completed questionnaire!! (Note: the sooner you contact your admin, the sooner you should receive your partner information! If you do not hear from your admin within 5 business days, please email Robin (one of the admin team members). You can find her email, and other important contact information below.
FOR US RESIDENTS ONLY: Assigned admins are designated by LAST names. If you need to contact your admin and aren’t sure who to email, please use this as reference:
• A-F : Karen
• G-M : Jessy
• N-S: Robin
• T-Z : Lisa
FOR INTERNATIONAL RESIDENTS ONLY:
• Canada : Robin
• Europe : Karen
• Australia / New Zealand : Lisa
• All other regions/countries : Jessy
AFTER YOU HEAR FROM YOUR ADMIN - WHAT TO EXPECT :
Once you receive your email from your admin, you can expect the email to include:
• Recipient/Partner name, address & some basic information
• Once your receive a copy of your recipient’s questionnaire, you may begin all of the fun stuff! Use yarn in their favorite color to create something special, add in their favorite treats or tea, maybe something that is YOUR favorite that you think they will enjoy. It’s so much fun putting together a box of goodies for someone else - be sure to reference the questionnaire to REALLY make it special.
• After you’ve collected your goodies, please snap a picture of the contents and submit/send to your designated admin. I’m 99.9% sure you’ll be good to go, but we’ve had participants send extremely minimal gifts in the past and no one likes opening up a single bar of soap. This just helps us make sure that all participants will receive something worth participating for! Your gift must be approved by your admin. Do not ship until you receive confirmation.
• Once you’ve received the go-ahead, you can send the package to your recipient and don’t forget to keep the tracking information! You will be required to submit proof of shipping by supplying your admin with the tracking info and postal carrier for your package. This way they can communicate with your recipient if there is any shipping issue and there is proof of it.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION! If you have an active personal Facebook page, we would love to have you join us over there! You can join our big group, The Hook Nook Crochet Group, to connect with Makers from all over the world, ask questions, seek help and share inspiration. With self-promotion prohibited, it’s truly a safe space to just be a Maker and connect on that personal level! Join us here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/346446372375225/
Also, since you are participating in our gift exchange, you can also join our THN Official Gift Exchange Facebook group where you can connect with other participants - maybe even your partner! You can ask questions about what everyone likes, seek gift idea advice and maybe even brush shoulders with the Makers who will be sending to you, and you will be sending to. It’s always so much fun!! Join us here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1263283847151032/
GIFT IDEAS :
- Blankets, pillows (inserts must be provided) wall hangings and other home decor items
- Shawls, cardigans, sweaters and tops (ensure that your sizing is correct before starting)
- Beanies, scarves, headbands or head wraps
- Dish cloths, table runners, pet bed, holiday-themed goodies
Ready to get join the fun?! Head over to the participation page to sign up and get this party started!!!
STAY SOCIAL : Sharing your participation, sneak peeks, and what you received from your partner is always SO much fun! Always feel free to share images/posts in our Facebook groups. If you’d like to share with others about this fun exchange, feel free to share images on your Instagram or other social platforms! You can even convince your friends to join and make it one big party! Don’t forget to use these hashtags so we can all check out your posts:
• Robin Akery : firstname.lastname@example.org
• Karen Lucas : email@example.com
• Lisa Pool : firstname.lastname@example.org
• Jessy Rought : email@example.com
• Instagram : @the.hook.nook
• Facebook : The Hook Nook
• Pinterest : The Hook Nook
So excited to start up another round of gift exchanges!! Are you going to join us?! Let's get this started!!