The Hook Nook is having a Featured Maker Call!
Hey everyone!! I'm so so so excited to launch our second Maker Call for the THNLife blog! After launching our Maker features in February of this year, we have been absolutely BLOWN AWAY by the amazing talents who've taken the time, skill and sacrifice to put together some seriously incredible content ranging from creative crochet and knit patterns, stories of strength and empowerment, as well as words of wisdom and direction from those within our creative community. As we wrap up our final featured Makers from our first call, we are prepping to discover even more exceptional Makers to share with our creative community.
Will you join us?
As we enter into warmer months, we are looking for summer projects ranging from:
- Picnic Blankets, Lightweight Blankets
- Home Decor
- Market Bags
- Lightweight Accessories
- Crop Tops
- Swim Suit Pieces
- Camping-Themed Projects
- Father's Day
- Fourth of July
- End of School Year
Note: if you are wanting to share projects that may show a bit more skin (ex. crop tops, bralettes, swim suits, etc), please share images of the style that the final photography will look like in your call application. Please remember that we strive to be a safe, and positive place for Makers of all ages and all featured Makers should style their contributions to be viewable by children (basically, please keep all photos a little less boob-a-licious and appropriate).
In addition to project-based posts, we are also looking for:
- Inspirational posts
- Words of Wisdom/Encouragement
- "How-to" - Instructional
- Favorites - Round Ups of Favorite Products/Patterns/Etc
Deadline for Featured Maker Call is April 25th 11:59pm PT
Who we are looking for: Positive Makers and artists who believe in sharing the handmade community worldwide and inspiring others that they, too, can join our community.
1. Personal style: Able to create original one-of-a-kind projects while also able to explain the creative process to others. Makers may also contribute original DIY projects, patterns, inspirational shares, or anything else the Maker finds inspiration for that is relative to our handmade community.
2. Tech-savvy: Has a personal or business account on Facebook and or public Instagram account. Can write a detailed blog post sharing their work in a way that inspires others. Able to photograph their projects clearly and beautifully. Can communicate through email in a timely manner.
3. Responsible: Can write a blog post within a deadline.
Featured Makers will:
1. Have projects featured on The Hook Nook blog/website in 2018. All Featured Maker's work will still be under full copyright of Maker (you can still do as you please with the content! Sell it, share it, burn it.. I mean, I’m not here to tell you what to do with it.. ;) )
2. Have their name and work promoted on our website, blog, and other social media platforms.
3. More opportunities to apply throughout the year in terms of additional content to the blog or other special projects The Hook Nook will be hosting.
4. Once featured, you will be added to our VIP Maker newsletter with even more opportunities to work with The Hook Nook.
To apply: Email the following to email@example.com with the subject line as follows THN Summer Maker Call_FirstName_LastName (example THN Summer Maker Call - Jessica Carey)
1. List your name, email, city/country, and blog address (if you have one).
2. Send a brief bio of yourself and how our community inspires you. Maybe even a little silly tidbit about yourself!
3. List the links of your active public Facebook and Instagram profiles.
4. Send photos of 2 original projects that best represent your style. We want to see what you bring to this community! Only well photographed projects will be considered - we want our audience and community to find beauty in what you’re doing! You find such pride in your work, find the same pride in how you showcase your hard work!
5. Feel free to send in new content with each new Maker call and please do not be discouraged if your work is not chosen for any specific call. If your application includes content that can be “cleaned up”, we will be sure to help advise you on suggestions. However, please do respect the amount of time our team requires to do everything we are doing and we are unable to walk you through how to do each step after we’ve given suggestions. Find pride in yourself and your ability to learn new things!
I am beyond elated to hear from you all and get to know you guys a bit more! Our team has thoroughly enjoyed being inspired by each Maker who has contributed to the blog thus far, as well as the others who are set and ready to be featured in the coming weeks! I do hope you are interested in collaborating with us here at The Hook Nook and helping to showcase how amazing the creative community is and how empowering it is to BE a Maker.
Big things happen in the little moments. We can make big changes to the lives around us just by simply sharing our creativity with the world! Happy making!