Hi, I’m Ali and I love making all the things! My crochet style ranges from colorful amigurumi, trendy winter wearables, and modern home decor pieces. I design with my family in mind and I love to make customized, practical, and trendy items for us and our home. With winter nearly here, I wanted to design something everyone could enjoy this season.
The Snuggly Snowflake Pillow is a cozy addition to any home and would make the perfect holiday gift for anyone on your list! This pillow features faux fur yarn, making it irresistibly cuddly and a statement piece in any room.
● Color A: Color Made Easy (in Basalt) approx. 420 yards and Color B: Go For Faux (in Baked Alaska) approx. 85 yards. Note: Substitute either with any bulky (5) weight yarn.
● Hook: 6.5mm (K)
● 16” x 16” Pillow Form
● Yarn Needle
ST(s) – Stitch(es)
SL ST – Slip Stitch
CH - Chain
SC – Single Crochet
11 stitches by 12 rows in Single Crochet= 4”by 4” square.
Adjust hook size up or down to meet gauge.
● The following pattern uses the Intarsia Crochet technique. Unfamiliar? Check out this helpful video tutorial by Two Little Birds Patterns!
● You will follow along with the graph for the front panel
● Each square on the graph represents one single crochet
● When you are working on the ‘right side’ of your project, you will read the graph from right to left. When you are working on the ‘wrong side’ of your project, you will read the graph from left to right. On the graph, the row number is written on the side you will start from.
● All the tail ends of your yarn should be on the ‘wrong side’ of your work. When dropping one color and starting another, keep all strands on the ‘wrong side’ of your work. This keeps the ‘right side’ neater and makes it easier to pick up that color when you come back on the next row.
● The final size of each panel is 16” x 16”
● Beginning chains do not count as stitches throughout the whole pattern.
Back Panel (with Color A)
CH 45. Turn.
Row 1: SC in 2nd CH from hook. SC in each ST across. CH 1 and turn. (44)
Rows 2-48: SC in each ST across. CH 1 and turn. Repeat until you reach the end of Row 48. (44)
Tie of and weave in ends to the ‘wrong side’. Set back panel aside and move onto the front panel.
Front Panel (Starting with Color A)
CH 45. Turn.
Row 1: SC in 1nd CH from the hook. SC in each ST across. CH 1 and turn. (44)
Rows 2-4: SC in each ST across. CH 1 and turn. (44)
Row 5 you will start the Intarsia Technique. Follow along with the graph pictured below. When you reach the end of Row 48, do not tie off yarn. Continue onto Closing and Finishing.
Closing and Finishing
Place pieces together with both the right sides facing out. SC the pieces together, working 1 SC into each ST across the top, side, and bottom, and working 2 SC into each corner. Insert the pillow form and close the last side by SC up the final side. SL ST into the 1st SC worked, tie off yarn, and weave in end.
And you’re all done! Now you can get cozy and snuggle up with your new pillow!
Thank you so much for following along with this pattern! I would love to see your finished pillow so be sure to follow and tag me on Instagram and Facebook ! I hope you enjoy this pillow as much as I do and I wish you all very happy holiday season.