Okay, friends. It’s been several months of getting settled into my DreamBox by Create Room and I’ve adjusted things here and there, switched things around and am finally finding the perfect setup for me.
If you want to read more about how I got my DreamBox and how I first set it up, check out my previous post here! This post is not sponsored, but may contain affiliate links. Thank you for supporting my business!
We can all agree that the last several months have sure been quite an experience we won’t forget for awhile, and for me, it has sort of forced me to figure out ways to be as efficient with my time as possible because, at this point, I don’t know what tomorrow is going to look like. Working from home has sure had it’s highs and lows, but I can honestly tell you that I have been able to curate my space into being a reliable place of comfort. There’s just nothing else like it.
Here are my favorite aspects of my DreamBox that have COMPLETELY helped me stay organized amidst the chaos:
1. First and foremost, the storage capacity is incredible. No joke, anything I will need/want on the regular can easily be stored within arms reach. One of my favorite storage opportunities are the “cup” type spaces in the doors of the DreamBox because they are LITERALLY perfect to organize crochet hooks and knitting needles. The base model even comes with metal rods that can attach to the door as well that I’ve used to store my circular knitting needles (it easily pops in and out to grab what I need).
2. Speaking of storage capacity, I know many of you may relate to an overwhelming amount of yarn in your stash, and by golly this beast will happily store a ton of it. Since I use yarn so often, I chose to house my favorite and most meaningful yarns as means of decoration and to see the things that make me happy on a regular basis. Plus, there is even more space to store your WIPs… like ten of them.
3. Okay, okay, okayyyy.. Guys. Over the years I have amassed a large collection of scissors because they seem to eventually grow legs and disappear. AM I RIGHT OR WHAT?! I couldn’t tell you where half of the scissors went, but I’ve found a few and stuck those suckers in my DreamBox onto the included hooks that are in the door. I haven’t ever misplaced a pair of scissors since and I immediately know when someone steals a pair - and it gets put back. ;) (thanks, kids..)
4. An optional add-on I chose to include with my DreamBox is the Power Package which, honestly, is essential for any crafter. The power strip includes four regular outlets as well as two USB ports so you KNOW I have my printer, pencil sharpener, computer charger, phone charger, and iPad charger all connected, and I still have an extra outlet unused. Having all of these devices so conveniently close and the ability to keep charged, is such a huge help. Honestly, this thing wouldn’t be the same without this piece.
5. The optional caddy has been another awesome convenience. Though I did remove the included bag because I kept accidentally knocking it off, the mug holder has turned into my handy dandy writing utensil organizer. For Christmas last year, my good friend, Alexa, gave me a Rae Dunn mug that says “Queen” and that baby definitely sits at my desk daily. <3 Being able to quickly reach for a pen, pencil or highlighter without taking up valuable desk space has been wonderful.
6. After a few months of having my DreamBox, I realized I was in need of additional storage for my myriad of pens, pencils and markers. I have annoying tendencies that storing all of these things together in a drawer were NOT ideal when I was searching for a specific kind of writing utensil, especially if I was looking for a specific color. When I learned about the organizing cubby offered by Create Room to coordinate with the DreamBox, I ordered one and never regretted it. This thing is amazing. It’s basically an open box with compartments that can easily slide in and out of the shelves. It comes in handy when my daughter (who loves to color and draw) hangs out with me in my office and wants to be creative. I can quickly get the pens and markers down without having to search through everything and sort through them all. This piece would also be helpful to store additional crochet hooks, knitting needles and other small notions.
7. It’s always been a “thing” for me to have everything to have a particular place that it can be put away (because otherwise I’ll never find it again). This has always been hard for small items such as my stitch markers, darning needles, paper clips, safety pins, push pins, labels and all of the things like that. I end up putting them in ziplock bags and stashing them all with one another and that’s not helpful either. The jars that coordinate with the DreamBox have been the solution I never knew I needed. Typically jars aren’t my preferred method for storage because after putting them on a shelf, they can get to be about four rows deep and I forget what’s even there. These perfectly sized jars are lightweight and fit perfectly in the door shelves and are clear so I can quickly see what is where.
8. Ok, I don’t know who’s idea it was to think of an overhead light but that person deserves a raise. Nearly every single morning I wake up before my family and use the quiet morning hours to get a head start on tasks for work and prepare for the day. The overhead light is a white light which helps me stay productive and energized, but is the perfect brightness for those early mornings. I love that I can have the perfect amount of light any time of day, without using the main room lights.
9. Being able to customize the shelves is so ingenious. I’m able to create the perfect little nooks for all of my favorite things, while also having a perfectly sized shelf for my special books. I’m so proud of my friends and their accomplishments, as well as the publications I have had the opportunity to be featured in, and being able to proudly showcase them continually inspires me to follow my dreams. Being able to quickly reach for reference material is also helpful!! (Side note, I can’t wait until MY book is on this shelf!!! Have you checked out Making With Meaning yet? It will be published October 6, 2020!!)
10. Lastly, these drawers were a last minute decision. I didn’t think I’d “need” them, but figured additional hideaway storage can never be a bad thing. GUYS I’M SO GLAD I GOT THEM!!! Seriously. All of the little things I use often like tape, chargers, extra staples, etc all have a place within reach but out of sight. I decorated mine with some marble-design adhesive paper just to add an extra detail. I want to also change out the drawer knobs eventually to some unique ones, but I want to wait to find the perfect ones.
So, long story short, I don’t know how I’d be even remotely organized or productive without the opportunities my DreamBox provides me. If you are an avid creative, or want to be more organized, or really just want to curate your own happy place filled with YOUR favorite things, this piece of furniture will NOT disappoint. You can find everything about the DreamBox, the accessories and other great products Create Room offers by visiting their website.
Do you have a DreamBox? What do you store in it? If you got one, what would you put in it?!