Fall is approaching as are the days of dreary and gloom weather while sitting inside with a project being created in my lap. One of my favorite accessories in the cool temperatures is a handmade beanie, and the Fold Over Brim Beanie is definitely a must-have for your closet, and now you can find the pattern FREE right here on THNLife Blog! Woot woot!
Not only is this pattern now available at no cost to you, but I have also conveniently curated a crochet kit listing in THNLife Shop so you can order the yarn, PDF pattern, AND a printed/laminated copy of the pattern so you can use your dry erase markers as you take notes while making progress.
I feel so proud and grateful to be able to have remade this project using The Hook Nook Main Squeeze yarn from The Hook Nook Collection! Want to find out how I was able to collaborate with the largest craft manufacturer in the United States as well as view all of the items from our special collection? Click here to read the blog post about the accessories, and click here to read the blog post introducing all of The Hook Nook yarn!
Enough of the jibber-jabber, LET'S GET TO THE GOOD STUFF!
Scroll down for the free crochet pattern!
FOLD OVER BRIM BEANIE: Crochet Pattern
By Jessica Carey / The Hook Nook
-130/140/160/175/195/210 yds The Hook Nook Main Squeeze (100% acrylic, wt 4 / worsted) - Rose Gold
-J/6mm crochet hook
-Get the full crochet kit in the THNLife Shop - click here
Sl St: slip stitch
SC: single crochet
HDC: half double crochet
FLO: front loop only
13 sts x 10 rows = 4”x4” in HDC
CH desired Initial Chain Count (see chart).
- Starting in the 2nd CH from your hook, SC across. (34/36/38/40/42/45)
- CH 1, turn. HDC across. (34/36/38/40/42/45)
- CH 1, turn. HDC in FLO across. (34/36/38/40/42/45)
- Repeat Step 3 until your piece measures approximately 1” shorter than your desired head circumference (see chart).
- Fold piece in half, bringing the first and last rows together. Sl St through both pieces to begin seaming, Sl St across. Do not finish off. (34/36/38/40/42/45)
- To close top of beanie: CH 1, lay piece flat so your seam is in the center of your work. Sl St through both sides of beanie to close it in the center. Bring outside “corners” of the hat to the center and Sl St them closed, across your previous Sl St. Repeat this step to the four “corners” you just created, making eight “corners”. Sl St each of the eight “corners” around. Now the top of your hat should be evenly closed, finish off, weave in ends and flip inside out so seam is on inside of beanie.
- **OPTIONAL: Add a pom! You can find easy-to-use The Hook Nook pom pom makers in our online shop (www.thehooknooklife.com/shop)
Show off your progress online and use hashtag #thehooknookers, #makewiththn, #curateforcreativity to share with our communities! Be sure to follow along with me on Instagram to see more fun inspiration and stay in the loop with what’s to come!
Want to check out more beautiful, modern crochet and knit patterns? Check out ALL of our blog posts featuring patterns, projects and more designed and shared by some of the community's best designers and dreamers here on THNLife Blog!