The Hook Nook is having a Featured Maker Call!
Hey everyone!! I'm so so so excited to launch our third Maker Call for the THNLife blog! After launching our Maker features in February of this year, we have been absolutely BLOWN AWAY by the amazing talents who've taken the time, skill and sacrifice to put together some seriously incredible content ranging from creative crochet and knit patterns, stories of strength and empowerment, as well as words of wisdom and direction from those within our creative community. As we wrap up our final featured Makers from our second call, we are prepping to discover even more exceptional Makers to share with our creative community.
Will you join us?!
As we enter into cooler months, we are looking for fall and winter projects ranging from:
- Scarves/Infinity Scarves
- Chunky Fibers
- Arm Crochet/Arm Knitting
- Gift Ideas
- Mittens/Gloves/Fingerless Gloves
- Home Decor
In addition to fiber-based posts, we are also looking for including all kinds of Makers and their talents and skills. In doing so, we are also looking for Creatives and Makers who are wanting to share content such as:
- Inspirational Posts
- Words of Wisdom/Encouragement
- "How-to" - Instructional
- Small Biz Tips
- Social Media/Marketing Tips
- Additional Craft Projects
- Coloring Pages
- Jewelry Making
- Sewing/Fabric Crafts
- Paper Crafting
Deadline for Featured Maker Call is August 13th, 2018 at 11:59pm PT
Who we are looking for: Positive Makers and artists who believe in sharing the handmade community worldwide and inspiring others that they, too, can join our community. We are team “Community Over Competition” - forever and ever.
1. Personal style: Able to create original one-of-a-kind projects while also able to explain the creative process to others. Makers may also contribute original DIY projects, patterns, inspirational shares, or anything else the Maker finds inspiration for that is relative to our handmade community.
2. Tech-savvy: Has a personal or business account on Facebook and or public Instagram account. Can write a detailed blog post sharing their work in a way that inspires others. Able to photograph their projects clearly and beautifully, in hi-res format. Can communicate through email in a timely manner.
3. Responsible: Can write a blog post within a deadline.
Featured Makers will:
1. Have projects featured on The Hook Nook Life blog/website in 2018. All Featured Maker's work will still be under full copyright of Maker (you can still do as you please with the content! Sell it, share it, burn it.. I mean, I’m not here to tell you what to do with it.. ;) )
2. Have their name and work promoted on our website, blog, and other social media platforms.
3. More opportunities to apply throughout the year in terms of additional content to the blog or other special projects The Hook Nook will be hosting.
To apply: Email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line as follows: THN Fall/Winter Maker Call_FirstName_LastName (example: THN Fall/Winter Maker Call - Jessica Carey)
1. List your name, email, state/country, and blog address (if you have one).
2. Send a brief bio of yourself and how our community inspires you. Maybe even a little silly tidbit about yourself!
3. List the links of your active public Facebook and Instagram profiles. (example: https://www.instagram.com/the.hook.nook/)
4. Send 3 high res photos of projects that best represent your style. We want to see what you bring to this community! Only hi-res and clearly photographed projects will be considered - we want our audience and community to find beauty in what you’re doing! You find such pride in your work, find the same pride in how you showcase that hard work! We want to be able to share the best projects with our creative and supportive community, and photography is a key component in successful projects! (Note: If you are unsure if you are taking hi-res images or want more information on why this requirement is necessary, please check out this blog post I shared recently explaining it in much more detail!)
5. Feel free to send in new content with each new Maker call and please do not be discouraged if your work is not chosen for any specific call. If your application includes content that can be “cleaned up”, we will be sure to help advise you on suggestions. However, please do respect the amount of time our team requires to do everything we are doing and we are unable to walk you through how to do each step after we’ve given suggestions. Find pride in yourself and your ability to learn new things! Be sure to apply again in the next Maker Call!
I am beyond elated to hear from you all and get to know you guys a bit more! Our team has thoroughly enjoyed being inspired by each Maker who has contributed to the blog thus far, as well as the others who are set and ready to be featured in the coming weeks! I do hope you are interested in collaborating with us here at The Hook Nook Life and helping to showcase how amazing the creative community is and how empowering it is to BE a Maker.
Big things happen in the little moments. We can make big changes to the lives around us just by simply sharing our creativity with the world! Thank you for allowing us to create such a creatively inspiring place on the web where we can lift one another up and broadcast how wonderful it is to be a Maker!