'Tis the season!!!!! Well, almost. Honestly, it just depends on who you're asking.
But if you're asking me, WELCOME TO HOLIDAY SEASON!!!!! This year my family has decided to welcome the joyfulness as early as possible so we can have this semblance of normalcy and hope. In addition to already decorating our home and my office in festive cheer, my friend and I worked together to DIY a cute garland and assembled allllllll of the goodies for you in one convenient and cheerful kit. You can snag the Holiday Holland DIY Garland kit in THNLife Shop (while supplies last!).
Want to know what's included in the kit? Let's check it all out AND offer you the full DIY instructions so you can make one of your own with your own supplies.
Let's do this!
Time to get crafty!
This DIY Holland Tassel Garland Kit includes everything to easily create your own colorful garland for various events, holidays and decor themes.
Each kit includes:
-80" hemp cord
-82 wooden balls, 20mm
-Four skeins of The Hook Nook yarn - colors and variety vary
-5"x5" craft board - tool to create tassels
-Note: images show a piece of cardboard I cut for myself, but each kit includes a piece of wood craft board
-Various other small craft items to decorate your garland
-Reusable mesh bags
-Laminated instruction sheet
Kits do not include:
STEP 1: Create 15 tassels using the 5” x 5” wooden square.
- Wrap yarn around square a total of 32 times, with excess strand of yarn approximately 7” along the top of the square. We will use this strand to tie the tassel to the garland.
- Knot strand to secure wrapped yarn.
- Remove wrapped yarn from square. Using scissors, cut the bottom of the wrapped yarn, opposite side of knotted strand.
- Cut additional excess strand approximately 7” long and tie near top of tassel to create the “bump” section. Knot strand and hide ends within the tassel.
- Boom, tassel done.
- Add one wooden ball to hemp cord and secure with a knot.
- Add five wooden balls, tie tassel to garland. Repeat this pattern alternating tassel colors until all tassels have been added. Add the final five wooden balls, before knotting the final ball onto the garland.
- Glue the gold stars onto the top of each green tassel.
- Glue white poms onto green tassels to “decorate” the tree.
Goodness, there's just something about being creative that is immensely satisfying, relaxing and therapeutic. I can't wait to put more DIY projects together for you so we can all try something different once in awhile. Have any requests? Let me know!!
You can support my journey is supporting creatives by shopping in THNLife Shop, visiting my blog, sharing my website and The Hook Nook products with your friends and by purchasing my first book, Making With Meaning, from any book retailer as well as autographed copies in my shop. Thank you for being here!!
Want to check out more beautiful, modern crochet and knit patterns? Check out ALL of our blog posts featuring patterns, projects and more designed and shared by some of the community's best designers and dreamers here on THNLife Blog!