Jessica here, again, and I am could NOT wait to share today’s project I’ve created with help from my friends at JOANN! Spring is in the AIR!!
Over here in the Pacific Northwest, we have had a good handful of gorgeous sunshine-y days and they have truly given me that official ache for spring blooms! You can drive around town and see small little teasers of the impending season, but I just couldn’t help myself.. I needed blooms NOW!
Well, what better way to ring in spring than with a beautiful DIY floral crown?! I’ve seen these on Pinterest, Instagram and so many other places and they are just SO PRETTY! I’ve been itching to get my hands on one, but instead of dropping a ton of money on a pre-made one, why not make my own?!
While venturing through the aisles at my local JOANN Store, I became so inspired by the floral section and easily grabbed a good selection of silk and artificial florals (hellooooo non-dead flowers!). Considering my hair is already a pretty vibrant color, I like to keep most of my other accessories relatively muted so I kept a white and green theme with a tiny pop of pink with beaded stem florals. Just enough to “pop” with my hair.. ;)
Guys, this was seriously the easiest project EVER and took me a whole 45 minutes to make this thing. I was originally so intimidated by making my own floral crown, but was so impressed with easy it was! No joke, this is my FIRST attempt at making one of these and I feel like it turned out pretty decent! What do you think?!
This is a personal blog. All editorial content and projects are intellectual property of Jessica Carey, designer of The Hook Nook. This post was sponsored by JOANN but all ideas and opinions are my own.
I can’t wait to see what colors and types of florals YOU use in your DIY Floral Crown! Follow the steps below to make one for yourself!
- Selection of artificial florals (Try to mix and match textures.. Be sure to include leaves also!)
- Save The Date “Crown” (found in the bridal section!)
- Green wire stem
- Wire cutters
Let’s get started!
- Trim florals off of branch - you want to keep as much of the “branch” stem as possible, we will be using these parts later.
- Assemble mini bouquets by twisting together small bundles of each of your flowers.
- Using your wire stem, attach your mini bouquets onto your crown by twisting the wire stem around the stem portion of your mini bouquets as well as around the crown. (The wire stem will act as the “glue” adhering the pieces together.)
- Once all mini bouquets are attached onto the crown, you can start individually attaching smaller floral pieces around the crown bouquet to add texture and interest.
Ta da!!!! It’s THAT easy!! I think I have found a new favorite craft activity.. I mean seriously.. Imagine making these Floral Crowns in all different colors and using them for weddings, photo shoots, birthday parties and more!!
Be sure to share YOUR DIY Floral Crown on social media and tag me!! You can also use #handmadewithjoann / #thehooknook / #thehooknookers so you can share with EVERYONE in our communities! PS, by using our #thehooknookers hashtag on Instagram, you may be featured on our community page, @thn.life! Be sure to give it a follow so you can stay up to date with everything we’ve got going on as well as all of our Featured Makers! You can also follow along with my main page (@the.hook.nook) to see even more!
Thank you to my friends at JOANN Stores for helping me find all of the materials needed for this super fun project! You da real MVP!
Until next time,