Hello my name is Damylles and I am the person behind Modavessa. I’m so happy to share my pattern with you guys.
Today I will share one of my pattern but first I want to tell a little bit about myself and how I started to crochet.
I'm Brazilian but I currently live in California, I've been here for two years. I came here with my husband. We had to moved because of his work. I confess that it was a difficult change for me, to adapt here, learn English and everything, but one good thing this change brought me was the crochets rs because it was here my handmade story began. The crochet came into my life here by the influence of my husband and her sister who just started to crochet. When we arrived in California my husband's sister already living here, one day we met with her and she was making a crochet bag and she told me to try one day, so she gave me my first crochet hook needle and a little skein yarn. I confess I took some time to try, I kept it for a long time, months later I found the hook then I decided to try, I researched on youtube, I watched a lot videos. I taught myself, watching videos, researching, reading and practicing a lot, I know I have a lot to learn, I have been crochet for 2 years and I love everything I made. Today the craft is very important in my life because it helped me in several aspects, including adapting here. Today I have a channel on youtube and a blog where I share my patterns. I have little experience but I'm always looking to learn more and more. I have a youtube channel in portugues and recently I made a new channel in english to try speak more english.
This is my little story.
Let's go to the shawl now
- Circular Needle 5.5 mm.
- 2 skeins yarn lion brand heartland yarn (Color Yosemite)
- 2 markers
It's very important you use a circular needle with cable about 60 cm or more.
k = knit
P = purl
ws = wrong side
Rs = right side
k2tog = knit 2 stitches together
yarn over = yo
sm = slip the marker
About the pattern.
This shawl is very easy. You have to repeat row 5 to row 16 for all shawl. For the last 11 rows the pattern sequence changes.
You can continue working in pattern if you want bigger.
The first and last stitches we knit even the wrong side.
Start cast on 5 stitches
1. k1, yo,k1, yo, put marker, k1, put marker, yo, k1, yo, k1 (9 st)
Put you marker on the center of work, 4 st. marker, 1 st in the midle, another marker, 4 st in the right, put marker,1 st in the middle, put marker, 4 st on the left.
3. k1, yo, k to the marker, yo, sm, k1, sm, yo, knit until you have 1 st on your left needle them yo, k1. (13 st)
5. - k1, yo, k1, (yo, k2tog, yo, k2tog,, yo, sm, k1, sm, yo, k2tgo, yo,k2tgo ) yo, k1, yo, k1 (17st)
6. - purl
7. - k1, yo, k1, (yo, k2tog, yo, k2tgo, yo, k2tog, yo, sm, k1, sm, yo, k2tog, yo, k2tog, yo, k2tog), you should have 2 ts on your left needle, yo, k1, yo, k1 (21 st)
8. - purl
9. - k1, yo, k1, (yo, k2tog, yo, k2tog, yo, k2tog, yo, k2tog, yo, sm, k1, sm, yo, k2tog, yo, k2tg, yo, k2tog, yo, k2tog, you should have 2 st on left needle, yo, k1, yo, k1.(25 st)
10. - purl (ws)
11. - k1,yo,k1( yo, k2tog, yo, k2tog, yo, k2tog, yo, k2tog, yo, k2tog, yo, sm,k1, sm, yo, k2tog, yo, k2tog, yo, k2tog, yo, k2tog, yo, k2tog, ) yo, k1, yo, k1. (29 sts)
12. - purl (ws)
13. - k1, yo, k1, ( k to marker yo, sm, k1, sm, yo,k until you have 1 st on left needle, yo,k1. (33st)
15. as row 13 (37 sts)
16. knit all (no increase)( wrong side)
This is the pattern, now you have repeat (7 time) from the row 5 to row 16.
For the last rows:
Row 89: knit (185 sts)
Row 90: purl
Row 91: knit
Row 92: knit
Row 93: knit
Row 94: purl
Row 95: knit (as row 11)
Row 96 :purl
Row 98: knit
Row 99: cast off
Row 95 as row 7 (k1,yo,k1( yo, k2tog repeat to the marker, yo,sl marker, k1,sl marker, yo ,k2tog, yo, k2tog, repeat until you have 2 sts on your left needle, yo, k1, yo,k1)
Knit the first two stitches, now insert your left needle into the the first stitch knit wise and them pull this stitch up and over the second stitch on the needle and over the tip of the stitch, repeat step 2 until you have one stitch on your needle, pull the yarn and cut off.
To finish I added the fringes but it is optional, I particularly loved.
I hope you enjoyed this patter, and if make one I would love to see. You can find me on Instagram.